Higher Education Commission HEC Islamabad announces postgraduate scholarships for students from Balochistan and the former FATA. HEC Balochistan and FATA scholarships are offered for MS / MPhil programs at local HEC-accredited universities. The scholarships are offered for ALL programs and disciplines under the project “Providing Higher Education Opportunities for Students in Balochistan and FATA”.
The online application can be submitted on the HEC website. Printouts are not entertained. The final deadline for applying for HEC Balochistan and FATA scholarships is June 4th, 2021. Applicants are encouraged to check their emails and the HEC website regularly for updates. You must apply well in advance of the deadline for assistance in case of inconvenience.
HEC has announced the following criteria for the Postgraduate Scholarship for Balochistan and Former FATA Students.
Applicants must have a local certificate of residence from Balochistan / formerly FATA. The maximum age limit on the reporting date is 35 years. The applicant must have completed 16 years of training with at least 60%. Applicants must have acquired the required academic qualification on or before the closing date. Applicants who are already on a HEC / government scholarship cannot apply. Applicants must meet HEC and University admission criteria to be accepted into MS / MPhil programs.
HEC Scholarship for Balochistan and FATA Covers
- Tuition fee and other charges (including Hostel Fee) maximum PKR: 60,000/- per semester
- Living allowance of Rs: 9,000 per month
- Books allowance of Rs.6,000 per annum.
- Traveling allowance of Rs.5,000 per annum.
- Initial settlement allowance of Rs.10,000 once.
- Scholarships will be awarded on merit and District/ Agency Quota.
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of Aptitude Test scores (conducted by HEC) and academic credentials.
- Applicants have to secure at least 50% marks in the test.
- The scholarship distribution ratio for the students of Balochistan and erstwhile FATA is 50:50.
- Students already enrolled in MS/MPhil programs may also apply.
How To Apply
Submit the application online through the HEC website. Printouts are not entertained. HEC reserves the right to postpone or cancel the scholarship process at any time without giving reasons. Applicants must deposit Rs: 500 / – (non-refundable) as the registration fee on HBL account no. 1742-79001334-01 and should upload the scanned copy / image online during the application.